It’s been more than a year when I immediately packed my bags, move to WordPress and gave up my fashion blog Istaylista(you may want to read the post here why I moved from Blogger to WordPress). Although, it’s a hard decision for me, I didn’t regret anything at all. Frankly, I enjoyed using WordPress and even met bloggers around the world. BUT, I had this thought that I still want to retain all my posts from Blogger and transfer them to WordPress. But how?? I had to figure it out myself how to do that without any stress.
Ok let us all get to the point here. Presumably, some might have already known these steps but I am sharing these to all who are planning on moving from Blogger to WordPress like what I did. Just follow these 6 easy steps.
- Log In to your Blogger Account.
- On left side of your Blogger Dashboard, go to Settings > Other.
- In the Import, Back Up secton, click “Back up Content”. A small tab will appear indicating a button says “Save to your Computer”.
- After saving the Back up Content, log in your WordPress Account.
- Go to Settings(left side of My Site section) > Import
- Choose Blogger as importer and upload the Back up Content you saved.
And viola! All your Blogger post have migrated to WordPress. You’ll notice that from my 44 entries, it went up to 114. I was overjoyed that I can finally share my 2011- 2013 post to y’all. You can check them if you want to.
Migrating from Blogger to WordPress isn’t difficult right? I hope that the steps I’ve shared helped you out to make the move you want.